Cars.com: Luxury vehicle of the year is the Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn/Limited

Non-repair car talk
kevm14

Cars.com: Luxury vehicle of the year is the Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn/Limited

Post by kevm14 »

https://www.cars.com/awards/2020/luxury ... b1dd36fbfa

Is this the Escalade of trucks? Nevermind that the Escalade used have a pickup variant. Also, this won over the Navigator?
What’s eligible: Any 2020 model vehicle regardless of when it was introduced or last updated.

Criteria: Along with general excellence, we favor vehicles that represent ultimate luxury in their class and/or are exceptionally well-rounded, providing their luxury along with above-average usability and drivability.
It’s as if Ram engineers and designers got together to make a pickup truck into a true American luxury vehicle — and we’re here to say they’ve succeeded in ways we had never imagined. It’s not just a good pickup; it’s a great luxury vehicle, one you’ll enjoy driving, riding in or being seen in.
Of course I'd have to ask what an optioned up truck such as this actually goes for. The base MSRP is seemingly modest in the $50k range but by the time you add everything that makes it the winner, it's more like $62k and I did not check all the options. Considering these may not sell for MSRP I guess that's not bad considering people like pickups and this just won some kind of luxury award.