04 E55 AMG: Restore TPMS system

Wiring, DIY, lighting, etc.
kevm14

Re: 04 E55 AMG: Restore TPMS system

Post by kevm14 »

Put the original module back in and "activated." This module operates a little differently than the used one I got. With the used one, when I select activate, it beeps and comes up with a message that the TPMS is activated. With the stock module, it doesn't beep or display anything except that I need to drive for a few minutes (or press R to reactivate again). After 15+ minutes of driving I got 4 pressures. However, when I shut it off and restart, it comes up and says that I need to reactivate again. Of course like the other module, I just clear that and the pressures are all there. I'll try a few days with the original module and see if anything changes but so far it seems that the behavior is about the same. Kinda odd. Would be nice to have no malfunctions (the holy grail).
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Seems to have settled in to the "Reactivate" message when I start the car and then everything works. Actually, it seems like the malfunction goes away after I start it. If you shut it off while on the TPMS display it says turn ignition on for tire pressures. Well, yeah.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Still the same and consistent with my last update. The display always comes up when I scroll to it, and, as previously mentioned, ALWAYS comes up with the Reactivate message when I start the car. Annoying (just press up or down on the steering wheel to clear) but the consistency and overall TPMS functionality is well worth it.