Refrigerator Issues

There is plenty to go wrong here, but you can repair it
Bob

Re: Refrigerator Issues

Post by Bob »

I took everything apart and fully thawed any remaining ice last night. I woke up this morning and everything is working as it should. Fridge is now in the high 30s.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

When my evaporator fan stopped spinning I also lost confidence in my fridge and immediately began pricing replacements (I also hate it in terms of the layout). But then I cleaned it thoroughly and got the fan going. It's been working perfectly since and my confidence is back up, plus I didn't need to drop $1200 on a fridge.
Bob

Post by Bob »

We would like to replace it with a french door type fridge. After looking a bit, I determined it will probably be in the $1500-1700 range unless we find an amazing deal. At least the fact that it works now buys us some time.
bill25

Post by bill25 »

I hope you mean French door fridge with freezer drawers on the bottom.

I have a French door Fridge/freezer side by side and it sucks. The freezer is too narrow for a frozen pizza and so the pizza has to stand up. If it is defrosted at all, the toppings drip down to the bottom. I could also never fit a big turkey or ice cream cake in this thing.

It came with the house so that is cool, but I would never recommend one.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Yes, freezer drawer on the bottom. This seems to be the best, most functional design.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Yeah that's what I want, too. Though what is more important is just having the fridge on the top. Freezer on the top is the biggest first world pain in the ass ever. The apartments I've had had them, my house came with it...I grew up with the side by side...which my parents are still using.