A33 Speaker Battery Issues

PIC, Arduino, Raspberri Pi, discrete circuits - sometimes making it yourself is more fun
FixItFelix

A33 Speaker Battery Issues

Post by FixItFelix »

Issue: battery cuts out when you turn the volume up too loud even after multiple charges. I also made sure it was topped off.

How to replace:

http://support.tdkperformance.com/app/a ... M1NBU2w%3D

What kind of battery does it use? Not sure. Guess I will find out when I take it apart
FixItFelix

Re: A33 Speaker Battery Issues

Post by FixItFelix »

Why don't they just put this on their website? Then pesky engineers like us won't have to waste their time calling them about a battery replacement.

Thank you for contacting our Technical Support Department. Regarding your email, you'll be able to order a replacement AC Adapter and Battery for your unit through our parts supplier Farnsworth Hill at 1-800-321-6993 with the part number EU-BT00003000-B (battery) and ET-A2400V08500-B (power cord). We don't have information about the price for it, but you'll be able to verify it with them.

Also you can look this parts in any other third party company, please find the specification for the battery and power cord below:

Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery:
MH-AA2000mAh L*6 (6 x AA)

Power Cord:
DC 12V ADAPER (Center Positive)

If you are having issues with this parts, please let us help you, providing us your complete home address for us to send us this parts if available.
(Note added by James LaBerge)
I bought this charger from SF cable: (Unfortunately, the 2.1X 5.5mm tip was too small!)
5009-SF-26 DC12V 2A Power Supply AC 120/240V 2.1mm Plug 1 $9.75
FixItFelix

Post by FixItFelix »

This is their sales website and its TERRIBLE. I'll have to call them

http://fhcsales.com/
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

You should pursue a free battery replacement though.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

So mine turned on the red light and started cutting out. I turned it off for 5 minutes and turned it back on. I don't have the volume as high as before but it's been playing for a while since. When it runs down and shuts off, do you try turning it back on and playing at a very low volume? You may have to do that a few times, giving it ample time between running-down-sessions to try it again (not just like a minute).

And I still think TDK was providing free battery replacements. I will see if I can find out.
FixItFelix

Post by FixItFelix »

Doubt it... man this is a terrible product. Shoulda just spent my money elsewhere. I may return this depending on how much the battery cost. Battery cost $31.31 just ordered it... If you do get a free replacement let me know. I need this functionality now.!
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

The battery is the weak point. NiMH.

But it's not a terrible product. You did buy a used one...
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

I've had zero issues now that I've employed the following technique:
- Always switch it off after use (using the battery switch, not just the power button)
- Charge after every use

Great success.