Arguing over $3

Non-car discussion, now for everyone
dochielomn

Arguing over $3

Post by dochielomn »

So recently I went to a store and purchased some baked good items. According to the prices, I believe 1 item had a price of $2.25. I asked for 12. That would be a total of $27. I also purchased a few other items at the same time for different prices. I paid and left. When I got home, I noticed that what I bought for a total quantity of 12, that I was given 16 instead. However, I looked at the receipt and saw that it said 12 for $30. So, technically, they overcharged me by $3 for what I asked for but ended up giving me $36 dollars worth of items, so net gain to me is $6. I walk by this place basically every day so it's not out of my way. My question, should I go into the store and inquire about why my receipt sasy 12 for $30 when clearly it should be 12 for $27? Or do I leave it alone because ultimately I paid $30 for items that I should have paid $36 (since I was given 16 instead of 12, even though I clearly asked for 12).
kevm14

Re: Arguing over $3

Post by kevm14 »

You are up $6. I'd definitely be happy with that. If they make a mistake NOT in your favor, you could inquire at that time.