Netflix Search Issue in Win8.1 WMC

Home Theater PC
Adam

Netflix Search Issue in Win8.1 WMC

Post by Adam »

The title says it all. I can stream anything from the provided lists (recent, queue, suggested, etc...) but can not use search through WMC (says I am not connected to the Internet). The Win8.1 Netflix app works fine. No recent updates that I can see that may have caused the issue. Worked within the past couple days. Machine had been up the whole time. Tried reboots, IE data deletion to no avail. Many similar problems documented on the interwebz dating back to at least 2009. No one can agree on what the problem is, and most of the "fixes" involve re-installation of Netflix plugin or mucking with WMC services.

Thoughts?
Netflix_fail.png
kevm14

Re: Netflix Search Issue in Win8.1 WMC

Post by kevm14 »

Ah, I see. I tried it on my Win 7 WMC HTPC. Same thing. Back end issue, surely.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Win. Now we wait?
Adam

Post by Adam »

I should mention that this works again.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Does not work on my Win 7 box.

A fix: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... faf560ab30

I think there is another fix which is a slightly different incarnation of the same idea: reformat and redirect the search to the updated place.

If I try this I will update this thread.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Netflix search broke again on my Win 8.1-based HTPC. I had given up until I read this. Turns out the problem is MS took their "Internet TV" service down which was used for Netflix searches through Media Center (for some reason).

The fix at that link does the following things:
1. Overrides the normal behavior in which Media Center goes out to an MS web resource URL to get Netflix search API info.
2. Redirects Media Center to look at localhost for this information.
3. Installs a service which listens for Media Center queries and returns a simple XML document with the appropriate Netflix information in it.

Fixed! I didn't even need to restart Media Center.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

I finally applied the fix to my HTPC as well. Works great, no restart necessary. Awesome. Now if I could fix the gamma LUT issue...