Mark Reuss named GM President

Car/truck/automotive news and discussion
kevm14

Mark Reuss named GM President

Post by kevm14 »

https://www.motortrend.com/news/mark-re ... D1AA57ED5B

This article reminded me that the CEO is not always the president. Mary Barra is still the Chairwoman and CEO.

But Mark Reuss is awesome as far as I have seen. His resume is great and he clearly rose on the technical/engineering side, rather than the business side. I always appreciate that.
With a background in engineering, Reuss has spent his entire career at GM. He joined the team as a student intern in 1983, eventually working his way up to chief engineer of GM's large luxury vehicles and leader for GM's racing vehicles, among other roles. For a brief period, he was GM's vice president of global engineering. From 2009 to 2013, he served as president of GM's North American division. Reuss' father also served as GM president from 1990-1992, according to Automotive News.
kevm14

Re: Mark Reuss named GM President

Post by kevm14 »

Reuss was the vehicle line executive in charge of the highly criticized and unsuccessful Pontiac Aztek and Buick Rendezvous
I mean you can't expect perfection.
bill25

Post by bill25 »

This is probably good though.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick

His father:
In 1980, Lloyd Reuss was appointed as general manager and further pushed Buick into turbocharging, racing, and performance production cars, building momentum which continued a number of years after his departure in 1984 as he headed toward a brief term as GM president.... In 1982, the Grand National high performance package is first offered on Regal.
Last edited by bill25 on Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bill25

Post by bill25 »

Mark's father was also the father of the GN, so Mark is the GN's brother.