Millennials: They are buying Chevrolets

Car/truck/automotive news and discussion
kevm14

Millennials: They are buying Chevrolets

Post by kevm14 »

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/03/lat ... llennials/
Autolist asked the question of which car brand speaks to your age group the most and Chevrolet came out on top of every other brand. Ford, Honda, BMW, and Toyota rounded out the top five. Interestingly, Buick and Cadillac were two of the brands Millennials least associated with. It’s likely many of them will never know Chevrolet is associated with both brands and part of the GM family. Fiat, Alfa Romeo, and Volvo were also named as brands Millennials are least likely to associate themselves with.

To back up Chevrolet’s top ranking, a previous Autolist study also showed the Chevrolet Silverado is the most popular full-size truck among Millennials as well.
Autolist’s chief analyst, Chase Disher, said Chevrolet’s “Real People, Not Actors” ads are likely part of the success. They may be obnoxious, but the ads have also been praised for making Chevrolet seem like an accessible brand. Disher also said the no-nonsense and affordability appeals to Millennials, who are often budget-conscious in their decisions. The fact that Chevrolet was an early adopter of Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Wi-Fi hotspots also likely contribute to the brand’s appeal.
A comment:
I can see that. No one in my age group (im a millennial) thinks of sedans as a dream car. We all want the SUV’s and trucks that we grew up with in the pre-2009 crash world. Nothing beats riding in a large SUV. The feel is incredible. for small cars though, I would never buy a Toyota when chevy discounts Malibu’s and equinox’s and ford the escape so deep. Sorry it would be stupid to buy Toyota financially. for millennials that are really in a cash crunch, the resale value of chevys and fords make them the best value to buy used. I would never buy a cruze. Right now I can get a Malibu for about 15000$ as listed brand new on autotrader.com, after incentives the cruze is at 14000$ why would you take the smaller and cheaper built car? I can totally see this as accurate.
Some RAV4 comments.
brian says:
March 27, 2019 at 9:18 am
Millenials, at least the older ones like me, remember a simpler time in the world, before the internet, before cell phones, etc. Chevrolet somehow seems to symbolize an idealized past, yet also remains modern at the same time. The aesthetic is no-frills, basic, functional. Also, I’ve owned japanese brands and been disappointed. We all grew up hearing that GM was junk, and japanese brands were the only car to buy. Times have changed and people realized it. Marketing helped a lot. GM carefully cultivates the Chevrolet brand for this market.
Also, look at the Rav4. Toyota finally did a focus group and figured out that nobody wants a stupid looking vehicle, and now we have something that looks pretty normal and functional.

Paul says:
March 27, 2019 at 9:39 am
I have my first Toyota RAV4 and I really don’t see why millennials love them so much. Mine is a lemon and toyota doesn’t want to fix it. Give me a Buick or Chevrolet any day. P.S. how about a decent engine in the Buick convertible?
See also: black Millennials love Cadillac.
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/02/stu ... ographics/