MS gives back free OneDrive storage

Post by kevm14 »

After planning to take it away...

Go here: https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/2 ... ur-storage

And click this: http://aka.ms/onedrivestorage
Bob

Re: MS gives back free OneDrive storage

Post by Bob »

Good to hear. I had started to use OneDrive after my upgrade to Windows 10 at home to store some photos.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

I got an extra 100GB with some Bing points and I've been using it since 2012 or so when it was SkyDrive (my Masters program).

It isn't perfect. Upload rates are known to be fairly lame if you have a bunch of stuff to dump. You can't permanently link to anything, though they are actually working on that. As for as storage + sharing, I am quite pleased with it overall. It integrates well with Windows (it had better). When I use OneNote for shopping lists or project tracking on my house, that is actually being hosted by OneDrive, so it syncs with everything.
Adam

Post by Adam »

kevm14 wrote:I got an extra 100GB with some Bing points and I've been using it since 2012 or so when it was SkyDrive (my Masters program).

It isn't perfect. Upload rates are known to be fairly lame if you have a bunch of stuff to dump. You can't permanently link to anything, though they are actually working on that. As for as storage + sharing, I am quite pleased with it overall. It integrates well with Windows (it had better). When I use OneNote for shopping lists or project tracking on my house, that is actually being hosted by OneDrive, so it syncs with everything.
It integrated better with Windows in 8.1. They might fix that...

I also use it to back up/distribute my photos from my phone. They usually back up quick enough (via WiFi) that I can come home from somewhere, fire up one of my machines, and they will be synced locally in about a minute or so. Which would be more handy if I posted repair photos right after doing some job, not weeks later...