SRX cold start misfire

It's your engine, transmission, driveline
kevm14

Re: SRX cold start misfire

Post by kevm14 »

Started it up, misfires right away. Zero check engine activity which I still find a little strange.

But, yeah - look at #3. I just drove down the street and back and got way more hits than on #7 that I just fixed.
WP_20180221_18_31_53_Pro.jpg
And yes, I see those #6 hits....ignoring those (again).

Believe it or not I am inching closer to just replacing everything that's left. It kind of depends on what happens after I do #3.

Also, as I said before, this is 3 out of 4 coils on the pass side head. Does that mean anything? I don't know. #6 is on the driver's side head...
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Did the #3 coil. Filmed it and will do a Youtube video.

Remaining activity is the following:
- A couple hits on #1 after I cold started it. Just at idle. I reset it before starting the drive and never saw another thing on #1. #1 would be the remaining coil on the pass side bank that is old.
- A couple hits on #5 after some romping but seemed to be a fluke thing as nothing else happened on the entire drive and I was probably out for a good 30+ minutes with lots of mashing. I did #5 last Sept.

Good enough, again. I may still order a coil to have on hand.
bill25

Post by bill25 »

I may still order a coil to have on hand.
Probably not a bad idea.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Jamie is reporting more misfires. Now I can't find that spare coil I ordered in April of 2018...

Of course we are driving to NH next week....

I thought I replaced 5 coils so I was thinking maybe I should just order 3 and do the rest. But according to all records (forum, e-mail receipts and fuelly) I have only replaced 3: #5, #7 and #3. And I ordered a spare and never needed it. Now I can't find it.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

kevm14 wrote:Did the #3 coil. Filmed it and will do a Youtube video.

Remaining activity is the following:
- A couple hits on #1 after I cold started it. Just at idle. I reset it before starting the drive and never saw another thing on #1. #1 would be the remaining coil on the pass side bank that is old.
That was Feb 2018. Scanned it just now.
20190727_092714_HDR.jpg
Fairly predictable. Still can't find that one I ordered. I either installed it and did not document, threw it out by accident or it is still laying around in the basement...
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

I ended up ordering a coil. Should be in by this evening. I have moved the SRX in and out of the garage to wash and make room for my STS for the brake work over the weekend. The misfire has gotten so bad that it feels like that cylinder is completely dead. The check engine light was blinking. I did a quick scan on my generic tool just to confirm that nothing else happened and it definitely had a stored/current P0301 (misfire #1) so that is certainly the issue, just as it was the last 3 times. All on the passenger side bank unless I did a coil on the driver's side and forgot about it....

So...it is good I told her to stop driving it and drive my STS instead. The thing that bugs me is my Roadmaster is also disabled due to the A/C work that I failed to complete. Granted I have the CTS-V and the truck .
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Replaced #1 (passenger side front coil), in my work clothes before even going upstairs. All fixed.
Cleared code, test drive, no issues. I did peek at the drivers side and I don't see a cleaner coil there so still not sure if my missing coil got installed or thrown away (or lost).
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Gave up on looking for my missing coil. Just ordered a spare. Jamie said there was some shaking so I guess something on the driver's side needs to be replaced now. Haven't scanned yet.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Started it, scanned for misfires, drove around...couldn't find anything. It'll have to get worse before I can identify a cylinder. Fixed forever.