04 E55 AMG: high intake air temps

It's your engine, transmission, driveline
kevm14

Re: 04 E55 AMG: high intake air temps

Post by kevm14 »

Did I mention this car is extremely clean underneath? That's certainly a win...
bill25

Post by bill25 »

Do you have a hole drilled in the firewall? Like the size of 4 gauge wire??? ( :D )
"Looks like they picked an ignition switched source and added a relay, and that made it run all the time I'm guessing."
Amplifiers have remote wires that need this very type of source to know when to turn on... Also, the wiring you pulled looks like power and constant power, also what is very common for car audio additions. Are you sure this had anything to do with the pump?
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Yes. The output of the relay went directly to the pump.

Also the main battery is in the trunk. I saw no signs of giant conductor remnants that I would have expected if this had subs. And the wires under the hood didn't run through the firewall into the interior.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Test drove after doing all this work. Didn't hammer on it because it was wet and also I just wasn't sure about everything yet, especially trans fluid level.

But, I got on it enough that I can say for sure the I/C pump is now doing something. The IAT crept up at idle but as soon as I got on the throttle it got pulled way down and probably stayed exactly at the +15F over ambient that I've read is correct. I will have to do more extensive testing. But this appears to be fixed. I could have probably just put the wiring all back to stock on the existing Bosch 010 and had the same results but I don't know how old it is so now I'm starting from brand new with a lifetime warranty.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Test drove again later. I think it's fixed. Temps climb a little when you get on it and then come right down and stay at the +15-20F that everyone says is correct. Power seems more consistent as well. I hit it at 85 and it's ridiculous how fast the speedo climbs. Almost comical.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Intake temps on the way into work and back were perfect. This is fixed. Yay!