2008 SRX Ultraview hopping/vibration on close

Got rust?
kevm14

2008 SRX Ultraview hopping/vibration on close

Post by kevm14 »

This is also common. And similarly to the seat issue, I seemed to have greased a bunch of things that weren't contributing to the problem before finally discovering the issue. I have since discovered a couple GM service bulletins that nicely cover it. I have attached them.

Here's why I'm happy to have an 08:
The first one is a creak/squeak/pop that the bulletin says applies to 2004-2006 SRXs only. But it does describe the track lube procedure (and where to do it, as I discovered by trial and error). It also describes an initialization and "teach" process that resynchronizes the motors, apparently.
The second one does apply to me (lack of lube) and comments on the sunroof motor itself potentially being bad if all other things didn't work. Well, there was a new sunroof motor design beginning with 2007s. So, yay.

Anyway, I sprayed white lithium in the rear tracks (along the roof rail) and it does not shudder any more. It was already bad enough that it would stop or auto reverse from the friction. Now it seems fine.

Another POS problem down.
Attachments
49665-ultraview-roof-safety-issue-maintenance-ultraview-problems.pdf
(94.14 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
49666d1241649988-ultraview-roof-safety-issue-maintenance-ultraview-track-clean.pdf
(110.23 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
kevm14

Re: 2008 SRX Ultraview hopping/vibration on close

Post by kevm14 »

I also need to do this:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/ca ... nance.html

Apparently some bolts can loosen up, causing nasty problems. I will have to make sure they are tight. They probably are.
kevm14

Re: 2008 SRX Ultraview hopping/vibration on close

Post by kevm14 »

kevm14 wrote:I also need to do this:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/ca ... nance.html

Apparently some bolts can loosen up, causing nasty problems. I will have to make sure they are tight. They probably are.
Surprise. The two front bolts were NOT tight. The driver's side one was backed out a few turns, even. The rear two were tight. I put more lube in the rear track and resynchronized the motors per the instructions in the attachments.

If it happens again I will remove and loctite, which is what I probably should have done this time. I still could...but I dunno where my loctite is.