bill25

Re: Cap for the Ram

Post by bill25 »

BLK, ROLL TOP SFT
Are you sure this isn't a soft tonneau?
kevm14

Re: Cap for the Ram

Post by kevm14 »

Killam in East Windsor, CT has a nice, black fiberglass cap with front and side sliding windows.
109.jpg
Only problem is it is $699 + $75 to install. The installation is not the issue, the price of the cap is. If it was half that I might go for it. $700 is way too much. More like $800+ after tax. Ouch. I continue to ask about cross-brand compatibility and I continue to get the same response: not so much. I may still see how my brother-in-law's Chevy cap fits at some point, just so I don't rule out a free cap to go with my free truck.

Called Bay State Truck Caps in Fall River. They are closed until 3-Jan.

Called New England Truck Cap in Norton, MA. Nothing in stock.

This is going to be difficult. If I want to pay Craigslist prices ($250 or less) I am just going to have to be patient. I think I will end up registering the Ram simultaneously with the Ranger so I will continue to do the trash with the Ranger - it has the sticker anyway. Maybe I'll sell it in the Spring (who wants a 2WD truck in the winter anyway, unless it is free?).

That will give me some time with the Ram without a cap. Which I don't think is going to sway me away from a cap in the slightest, especially in the winter.