Wheel Bearing Hub Assembly Infiniti g35x

It's pronounced "chassy." Brakes, suspension...things that make the car fun or a death trap
FixItFelix

Wheel Bearing Hub Assembly Infiniti g35x

Post by FixItFelix »

Long story short I need an inspection sticker and while tints are always the wild card is this, I will also need ot get the wheel bearing fixed on the left front tire.

Being an AWD that's only awesome 3 months outta the year, I get to pay out the ass for this. I know it's a big job because the dealer quoted me $480. Going to Adam's mechanic and hopefully the price will be lower. Here's an easier version of changing out the assembly (without hydrolic pressing, etc.)

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/replac ... 35-g3.html

If Kevin watched Game of Thrones he would say: "You know nothing John Snow". Credits to his vast auto mobILE knowredge.
kevm14

Re: Wheel Bearing Hub Assembly Infiniti g35x

Post by kevm14 »

Right, those directions are for the RWD cars. In those cars, Nissan used a regular unitized bearing/hub assembly. But on the AWD cars (and I guess like what they do on FWD cars), the bearing is a separate hub and bearing which needs to stages of pressing to disassemble once you remove it from the car. And removing it from the car is also harder than RWD because you have to deal with the axle. Off the top of my head I predicted the dealer's price would be about $400-$450 so I was close. I bet Adam's mechanic will be $200-$300, on the lower end if the hub can be reused.