C6 Z06 owners file class action for LS7

Car/truck/automotive news and discussion
kevm14

C6 Z06 owners file class action for LS7

Post by kevm14 »

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/c6-corvette-o ... s7-engine/
However, this class action lawsuit could force GM to offer repairs or restitution to any owners who suffered from valve guide wear, and it would be yet another blow to the automaker’s reputation after the trying ignition switch scandal.
Kind of unrealistic to associate this with ignition-gate but it has been a known issue for some time now.
bill25

Re: C6 Z06 owners file class action for LS7

Post by bill25 »

accusing the automaker of negligence, fraud, and even violations of the R.I.C.O. act that was established to bring down organized crime
Wow! Until this, according to the internet, the LS7 was the best engine ever made. (Most of my trolling of this engine is due to price, and the fact that if they picked a more powerful motor for the Z-28, it would have been way better, most reviews made it seem like it's lap times were capped due to the power since it had such a good suspension. Too bad they couldn't have debuted the CTS-V power plant in the few off Z-28s they made.)
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

I support the LS7 and I hope GM is designing a Voodoo competitor right now.

Naturally aspirated has functional benefits, too. Lighter and more compact, lower cooling requirements, better fuel economy under heavy load. Those characteristics benefit a car like the Z/28.
Bob

Post by Bob »

The number one reason why I like NA is progressive, linear power delivery. This makes it much easier to drive at the limit.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

You get that with all of the supercharged engines, FWIW.