General CTS Vsport Thread

Non-repair car talk
kevm14

Re: General CTS Vsport Thread

Post by kevm14 »

Did you go for a sweet vanity plate?

Such as:
VSPORT

If it was a V3 you could pull off FSTRTNU.

I did some quick Hellcat research. Looks like a Hellcat will walk a V3 at higher speeds.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Fun fact: no adaptive cruise in the V3. They did the same thing with the STS-V. Not sure why. V3 does have the dual mode rearview, so it is not CT6 only.

Do you have the super big sunroof?
Bob

Post by Bob »

Yes, the big sunroof is awesome. Between the big sunroof, the adaptive cruise and the Kona leather, the Premium was really worth it.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Bob wrote:A new OEM front brake rotor is $73.44 at GMPartsDirect. This is just one small data point supporting why the Vsport is better than the German competition.
BMW of South Atlanta (top hit on google) has OEM front rotors for a 2001 325Ci at $77.53 each, so yes.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Does the Vsport have Brembos? You'd think i would already know all these things...
Bob

Post by Bob »

It does have Brembos, at least on the front. I think you could also get the same brakes on lower level CTS models as an option.
Bob

Post by Bob »

My first commute to work was quite nice. The AISIN 8-speed isn't buttery smooth at light throttle, but it isn't bad. For better or worse, it's also pretty quick to respond to throttle inputs even in Tour mode. I like having a car with good steering even if I only go around a couple corners on the way to work and the speed I take them at is way below the limits of the car. I felt like I regularly had situations where I had to use WOT in the Rondo and especially the Prius. I don't really have that problem anymore.
Bob

Post by Bob »

kevm14 wrote:Did you go for a sweet vanity plate?

Such as:
VSPORT
This is probably available since there are only a handful of Vsports out there.

With my purchase of the Vsport, there are now two Vsports and a V3 at my daughter's daycare. The V3 is the same color as my Vsport. I hope to get a side by side photo someday. There are also zero BMW M or Mercedes AMG models.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Got my road force balance done today. The car feels better, but the warped front rotors are still annoying. That will be next on my list.

Also, I solved the mystery of the driver's side rear losing pressure. There's a nail in the tire.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Did you drive back with that nail?