General CTS Vsport Thread

Non-repair car talk
Bob

Re: General CTS Vsport Thread

Post by Bob »

Sharing this incredibly informative TSB about rough cold start idle. Could this be fixed with a tune?
Attachments
DownloadPdf.pdf
(76.25 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Yeah it turns out sometimes eBay is still a thing.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Bob wrote:Sharing this incredibly informative TSB about rough cold start idle. Could this be fixed with a tune?
Yes.

Another example of why blind regulations don't magically create engineering solutions. That's how we end up with these kinds of issues, of $1500 heated cats and other things like that.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I have received all the brake parts. There really isn't much in the way of DIY stuff in the Vsport community, but thankfully the brakes are the same as the Gen 6 Camaro SS. There is an abundance of information on the Camaro. This is a fairly simple job anyway, but it never hurts to watch a YouTube video first. I'm also planning to bleed the brakes and flush the fluid.

Between this and the new wiper blades I installed recently, two annoyances will be eliminated.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Are the fronts using the fixed 4 piston Brembo calipers? If so it should be pretty easy. I have not done pads on my CTS-V though but I think it is simple. You MAY need a small punch to get the pins out to lift out the pads...not sure of the particular design there.

Anyway, fixed is the best. Zero slide pins or boots to deal with. Also they provide the best brake performance and pedal feel, and are not subject to pad kickback from wheel bearing slop during hard cornering.

But your rear calipers are regular sliding, right? And you aren't doing anything with that right now I believe you said. My CTS-V also has full 4 piston fixed calipers in the rear, just smaller.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Yes, the fronts are fixed using the 4 piston Brembo calipers. They do require a punch to get the pins out. The job looks very straightforward. I'm not going to do anything with the rears. I believe they are the floating calipers, like the regular CTS has. I'm pretty impressed that this car can stop from 70 in 149 feet without exotic brake hardware. I can't wait for the good feel to be there after I do this work.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Well the front is a huge upgrade from standard issue.

Also my CTS-V was 165 feet back in 2004. I think the performance is better on the Michelin PSS...
Adam

Post by Adam »

kevm14 wrote:I have not done pads on my CTS-V though but I think it is simple.
Is that because you've only driven it 1500 miles since you got it?
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Probably more like 20-25k. Plus some...hard usage.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I believe the broken clip in the trunk is GM part number 11611339. I'm just leaving this here for reference.