98 BMW z3

Non-repair car talk
kevm14

Re: 98 BMW z3

Post by kevm14 »

Stabil isn't really necessary but there is no harm in using it. With modern fuel systems, air cannot get in and circulate and cause all of the issues with fuel going stale. I suppose storing with a full tank would be advised but again in 9 years I've never worried about that and never had an issue on my CTS-V - next season it starts as if I had just shut it off the day before, no kidding. Then again it is an LS6 which is magical so it may have super powers.

You may also want to inflate the tires to max sidewall pressure just to prevent against slow leaks as well as prevent against flat spotting.

I really would recommend a battery device though. Here is what I use: https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-0 ... B00068XCQU
Battery Tender Plus 12V - 1.25A. The Battery Tender Plus is a 1.25-amp battery charger designed to fully charge a battery and maintain it at proper storage voltage without the damaging effects caused by trickle chargers. Included is a quick connect harness for hard to reach areas. Temperature compensated to ensure optimum charge voltage according to ambient temperature. Automatically switches from full charge to float charging mode. Battery Tender at 1.25-amp will charge as fast or faster than any 3-amp charger available. Reverse Polarity Protection to ensure user safety. Red & Green Lights Alternately Flash in this condition. Complete 4-step charging program (Initialization, Bulk Charge, Absorption Mode, Float Mode). 10 year warranty. Perfect for all lead-acid, flooded or sealed maintenance free batteries (AGM and gel cell)
I put the quick connect harness on my kids' Peg Perego John Deere loader toy which probably greatly extends the life of that battery, as well.

Cheaper ones may work fine but I trust these guys not to bake my battery all winter. I had one fry after like 9 years or something, and they honored the 10 year warranty sending me a brand new one. Even if the cheaper ones work, will they last this long?
Adam

Re: 98 BMW z3

Post by Adam »

I have the newer version of that tender. I've had it for a couple years and it has been fine so far. I left it on the Fleetwood while it was in the garage all last winter.