GM Gen 5 Camaro Upgrades

Car/truck/automotive news and discussion
bill25

GM Gen 5 Camaro Upgrades

Post by bill25 »

I love that GM is getting big on car customizing again.

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/camaro-parts.html

They specify which mods do not void the warranty also.
kevm14

Re: GM Gen 5 Camaro Upgrades

Post by kevm14 »

I agree, it's awesome. Everybody wins, too. Enthusiasts get to pick from parts designed for models that received lots of engineering investment (and the parts are validated in a way aftermarket parts wish they could be). And GM gets to make profit from selling these parts to enthusiasts, which should increase their interest in continuing this line of business in the future. Owners of B-bodies in the 90s would have killed for a business like this (aside from wheels), because lots of folks spent lots of time retrofitting/upgrading the B-Body cars with Impala SS parts (or parts inspired by the Impala SS, like C5 brake upgrade kits). On a side note, the thing that's really cool is both the 1LE and ZL1 are considered affordable cars.

The rear axle upgrade reminds me of the 06 CTS-V. GM introduced the split diameter rear axles for 06 on those cars (in an attempt to quell wheel hop). The aftermarket also makes upgrades. The factory axle/diff solution on the 04-05 CTS-V was pretty lacking in terms of tolerating any abuse whatsoever, so I'm glad that the LSA cars (ZL1 and CTS-V2) enjoy stout axles and differentials. And apparently the driveshaft.