HDMI to Composite Converter (yes, you read this correctly)

It's that beige box on your floor. In 1999.
dochielomn

Re: HDMI to Composite Converter (yes, you read this correctl

Post by dochielomn »

I think the iPad is also sending analog audio out. I'm pretty sure I've seen the HDMI iPad cable connected to an HDMI input and the video and audio was transmitted. Either way, I've finally got a solution to this problem for their tv. If they take the HDMI connector to a place like the Berkshires, they'll have to hope that the tv there has an HDMI input.
Adam

Post by Adam »

kevm14 wrote:I don't think that trick would work on a Windows machine with Vista or newer (only 1 audio output at a time).
You can just choose the analog audio device rather than HDMI audio device. It would be a manual process to switch back an forth, though, unless the driver detected things being plugged in and automatically switched to that output device.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

So you could select analog audio while outputting HDMI video? I've never had an opportunity to try that. But my point was since Vista, Windows can't output more than one audio channel at a time whereas with XP and before it would do whatever. For example, on my HTPC, I have to choose between the S/PDIF (TOSLINK) or analog stereo.