Windows 8.1 OS Install Issue [Resolved]

Don't lose those screws...
FixItFelix

Windows 8.1 OS Install Issue [Resolved]

Post by FixItFelix »

First!

Also can this be about my windows 8.1 SOFTWARE issue? or hardware only... I guess this turned into both.

here's the original link http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 3fe540ca47:

Windows 8.1 Stuck on 30% Getting Devices Ready This is a windows 8.1 question not a windows 8.1 preview question.

I've downloaded the Windows 8.1 update and everything goes smoothly until the restart. There is a quick error message which does not show up in the action center and it restarts. How can I see what the error message is? The getting devices ready screen shows up and gets stuck at 30 %. I've also disconnected everything from the computer (mouse and external HD)

I am running a G73JW Series ASUS with an INTEL SSD and a 2nd disk drive.
Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73 GHz 64 bit OS

_______

Here's the solution from a non microsoft tech:

Had the same issue. An incorrect driver is installed for you lan port (ndis 6.30 instead of 6.20) you can install 8.1 by disabling your lan and Bluetooth devices in device manager. Once disabled just install again. You Will see it install without any problems.

_______

Here's a post from the microsoft tech which didn't help:
Hi,

What is the exact status of the Computer, Is the Computer in a no boot state or in Windows 8 operating system after the 8.1 upgrade failed?

If the update reverted back to Windows 8, then let’s try the following methods before installing Windows 8.1 and check if it helps.

Note: Please take a backup of all important data before you install.

Method 1:

First, I would suggest you to check if there is any pending Windows Update needs to be install.

If yes, then I would suggest you to install the update and check if it helps.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to perform a clean boot and check.

Clean boot will check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot “to reset computer as usual.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to disable the Security Software and check if it helps.

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope it helps.

If you have any other questions or you need any other information about Windows, feel free to post your questions and we will be glad to help.

I had no security software besides defender and there were no MS updates pending
Adam

Re: Windows 8.1 OS Install Issue [Resolved]

Post by Adam »

Did the network adaptor disable thing fix the problem?
kevm14

Re: Windows 8.1 OS Install Issue [Resolved]

Post by kevm14 »

Yes. He's all good on 8.1.

Drivers. Let that be a lesson!