General CTS Vsport Thread

Non-repair car talk
kevm14

Re: General CTS Vsport Thread

Post by kevm14 »

You really need to verify that it does an enhanced or OEM specific stream. I did not look into that
Bob

Post by Bob »

Bob wrote:New plugs ordered. $38 at Advance Auto after coupon code
Also, $18 mail in rebate from AC Delco - $20 net for a new set of Iridium plugs - not bad at all!
Bob

Post by Bob »

I did a brief blast with the Bluedriver installed. Fuel trims seem to go to zero and stay there at WOT, which I guess is a good sign. Need to look at timing next.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Whoa! It’s been a long time since I’ve updated this thread. I ended up having an issue with misfiring in high boost high load situations that started happening sometime late last year. Replaced all 6 coils today and the car seems to be better. It also seems to idle smoother and be more responsive in general. I need to do some highway pulls to confirm the issue is gone.

I also pulled all the plugs and checked them and they looked good.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Just ordered two new wastegate solenoids to eliminate the post shutdown buzzing noise that is common with the Vsport. Also, these may help make boost more consistent, though I haven't noticed any major issues.
Bob

Post by Bob »

The car now has no noticeable black smoke at a WOT take off in first and it pulls harder and struggles for traction. I wish I hadn't let the coils sit in the garage for 2 months because of no time to install.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

We call that the parts funnel.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I installed the wastegate actuators yesterday. The most important thing is the shutdown hum is gone. Also, it seems to be quicker to build boost at part throttle in the lower gears. Overall, it's been a good couple weeks of Vsport maintenance.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Any pics of anything? This is a repair forum after all...allegedly. Brief time/materials description...
Bob

Post by Bob »

I took no pictures, but I used the following videos:

Wastegate solenoids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDTEHJVe-F4

Coils/plugs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aysijIIfIDg