General CTS Vsport Thread

Non-repair car talk
Bob

Re: General CTS Vsport Thread

Post by Bob »

Confirmed that the hazard switch works with a long press and hold (and an even longer press and hold to turn it off). I think it is working as GM intended, which I happen to think isn't a great design. Guess I'll refrain from using my flashers to indicate a win the next time I go street racing.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

That's actually funny. Winning a race, turning them on and then can't turn them off. And pull over.

But yeah you have to admit that probably isn't the use case GM intended. Just shows how out of touch they are with the 1990s Fast and Furious crowd.

Back to reality....it is dumb that the dealer went through the trouble and cost to replace something that was probably working as designed. I mean I assume they had to get into the dash which I would never want unless absolutely necessary.

That's why I kept asking if it was a mechanical switch. I would have been shocked if a mechanical switch like that actually broke. Turns out that's not what happened. Even the cheap old GM Saginaw hazard switches on the column never really broke. But at the same time, I also had doubts that a capacitive "switch" (sensor) would also just fail or have some intermittent issue like that, especially knowing that CUE inputs can be a little finicky.
Bob

Post by Bob »

New strategy: hold flasher switch down at launch. They turn on by the time I’m winning.
Bob

Post by Bob »

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... hHe6gcC_XK

Someone was nice enough to put all the TSBs on their google drive.

They even have one for engine whine that is extremely labor intensive!
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

I like the alignment one that depicts tramlining. Also, that is a generic TSB.

The engine whine one applies to the 2.0 turbo only and that family of engines it looks like.

Isn't your engine VIN code 8? The "service transmission code" TSB shows VIN A vehicles equipped with AISIN trans. I thought the V-sport was the only AISIN trans vehicle.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Vsport alignment settings (lifted from cadillacforums)

Front
Camber: -0.5 deg +/- 0.8
Cross Camber (L minus R): +/- 0.6 deg
Caster: +6.3 deg +/- 0.6
Cross Caster (L minus R): +/- 0.6 deg
Total Toe: 0.2 deg +/- 0.2
Steering Wheel angle: 0.0 deg +/- 3.5

Rear
Camber: -0.9 deg +/- 0.8
Total Toe: 0.3 deg +/- 0.2
Thrust angle (L minus R)/2: 0.0 deg +/- 0.3
Bob

Post by Bob »

I made an appointment to get an alignment done with Spero next Wednesday (need to figure out what might be causing that odd wear pattern on driver's side front). Also, it would be good to know a baseline for the car.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Those are almost the same specs for my STS.
05 STS alignment specs.png
Bob

Post by Bob »

I had the alignment done this morning by Spero. The front toe was out quite a bit, which he believes contributed to the tire issue. For what it's worth, the car seems to track better on the highway and tramline less over uneven pavement. I hope I can get a little more life out of these tires, although I'll probably need to replace them before too long.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Also, the sunroof creak is back.