Power out 2pm 3/2

Power out? How about an inverter connected to your car?
kevm14

Power out 2pm 3/2

Post by kevm14 »

I forgot to post this.

Ran from 2:30 to about 8:45. Then this morning starting around 5:30am.

It started hard and blew a large amount of white smoke and possibly oil out of the exhaust. It is not doing that now but is consuming elevated levels of oil. It is running well. I treated the gas and oil with MMO and tried to blow out the breather. The breather might be part of the issue here so I may just order a new one. It is basically a PCV system and oil separator.
kevm14

Re: Power out 2pm 3/2

Post by kevm14 »

Can't get the breather....so I ordered a gasket. I'll take it apart and see if maybe I can just clean the filter element and make sure the drain is clear, then reinstall with the new gasket.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Did a few good maintenance things.

I decided to really rinse the breather filter. I sprayed a bunch of carb cleaner into the breather and after that I poured some Seafoam into it with a trans funnel. I could hear that drain back to the sump so that is a good thing. Next I drained the oil. It was black. Of course I had run MMO in it so that would have a cleaning effect but still there probably weren't more than 25 hours on this since the last oil change (I need hour meters on all my small engines). Put fresh oil in, and another 3oz of MMO in the gas (not the oil this time). Very curious about oil consumption on the next 2-1/2 hour run before I shut down to add fuel.

Anyway it's back on and running well.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Using my Cortana log here are the fuel-ups (and mostly also oil fills) I did:
3/2
Added fuel and started around 2:15pm

The following are the reminders. I most likely did not go out exactly when the reminder triggered. I always set the reminder for 2-1/2 hours but also 10+ minutes often goes by until I finally set it since my hands are usually dirty. I am sure I could easily change that to 3 hours.
Add fuel at 5:45pm
Down for the night around 8:30pm?

3/3
Add fuel and start up around 5:30am?
Add fuel at 7:56am
Add fuel at 11:05am
Add fuel at 1:29pm
Add fuel at 4:15pm
Went out to dinner around 6pm so filled it up early and reset fuel reminder
Add fuel at 8:31pm
Shut down for night around 10pm

3/4
Did not add fuel and started up around 7:30am
Ended up letting that run until 9:30am and shut down for service
Added fuel at 10:25am
Added fuel at 12:15pm since I am going out for lunch. Oil looked good; did not add any.
Added fuel at 2:45pm. Checked oil - it is down some but holding better so I still haven't added any.
Power back and shut down at 4:05pm. Oil halfway down the crosshatch. Jamie had just started cooking and I made a video of the load going from like 15% to 75% when the cooktop burner cycles.