Generator solutions

Power out? How about an inverter connected to your car?
kevm14

Re: Generator solutions

Post by kevm14 »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11-32-343-x-6- ... SwadNdd~aQ

There is also brass. If tractor supply has a 11/32" bolt I think that would be the cheapest and most practical solution, but I do not believe that is a common size. I think it goes from 5/16" to 3/8". I don't even need the full length of whatever 11/32' thing I find. I could insert an inch of something 11/32" and round, and then use the old crank bolt since the issue was where it pushes on the actual crank.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

A neighbor is going to cut down some 3/8" round stock to 11/32 for me. That should work. It's still going to be a while until I tackle this.

My other option is to just swap to the other engine and then do my ring job at my leisure. That I could certainly do without too much fanfare.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

I finally got all of the stuff I ordered to do the engine refresh. However, all I really need is that rod so I can commence with pulling my good stator off the engine and swapping the engine into my frame. I still think that's the plan.

Also I realized that if I took a 3/8" threaded rod and ground all the threads off, I'd probably end up with the exact right diameter for pressing off the rotor from the crank. Don't need to overthink it (too late).