Chimney explosion?

There is plenty to go wrong here, but you can repair it
bill25

Re: Chimney explosion?

Post by bill25 »

That is about all the same for the stove...
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Well like I said, for what it's worth, propane worries me more than oil from a risk standpoint. Though next time you'll probably just replace the igniter yourself if it happens again. I'm in the same boat, really. I had a furnace guy service my furnace in late 2014. Then another repair on my hot water heater in late 2015. I'm good now. Saves money and more convenient. Fixed it Sunday. I mean if I run into something I can't handle I'll obviously call but I don't anticipate that. My hot air furnace is ridiculously simple, also. Fire heats a metal box, a fan pushes air around the outside through some ducts. No piping, no zone valves, no hot water tank to descale, crack or otherwise leak, no water inlet regulators, no circulator pump. Super simple controls (a temp sensor turns the fan on and off). So that helps, too. The hot water heater is also very simple.

For what it's worth, a modern gas furnace is a lot more complicated with all kinds of sensors, relays, wiring, motherboards, etc. But a modern gas furnace can also be like 95% efficient so there's that...with oil hot air I'm basically stuck in the 80-85% range no matter how new the unit...but I digress.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Sit rep: Furnace lighting off perfectly each time.