Oven Light Replacement

There is plenty to go wrong here, but you can repair it
dochielomn

Oven Light Replacement

Post by dochielomn »

I'll throw this story of living in Manhattan in an apartment building for all who want a laugh. So, where I live is more of a complex type area. Meaning that there are lots of buildings under a 10 block radius all under the same management company. So if anything goes wrong in the apartment, I put in service request and maintenance comes to fix it. Simple enough (and I'm sure most people have rented at some point in their lives so you can recall this). So, when we moved in, I noticed the oven light did not work but I didn't really care so I let it be. When my in-laws were staying over more and using the oven, they made a comment about it so I figured it was time to contact maintenance about it because "it's not my oven". When I put in a service request, I was told that all bulbs in the apartment are considered my responsibility and that they could do the work but rather than be for free, there was going to be a $25 charge per bulb. I tried rationalizing with the person that I was talking to saying how I didn't own the oven so the light bulb inside of it shouldn't be on me to replace. However, I was told this was standard policy. So, with that, I said thanks but no thanks, I'll do it myself. And probably for a grand cost of $5 to buy 2 bulbs, I was able to resolve the problem. I just found this particular experience to be funny. And now as I'm writing this, I wonder if whenever I move out, if I should take the bulbs I bought with me since I had to pay for them (I probably won't but it would be funny).