Caprice window rollers

Fuzzy dice or LED bulbs are not a repair
kevm14

Caprice window rollers

Post by kevm14 »

It finally happened again. It has been a decade or more since I've had to deal with this on this car.

Part of the issue I think is that the rubber/felt strips at the top of the door panels are getting worn out. So when the window rolls down, it grabs the glass (because the felt is worn and it's rubbing on rubber instead which is pretty grippy) and slows down the motor. Rolling up is better. Lately on the right rear, it actually grabs so hard that it pulls the rubber down into the door panel. Incidentally the Ranger does the same thing (crank windows) so I think it is an old car thing.

Well rolling down against the folded over rubber was more than the rollers could take and one is now broken I think. I thought I did rollers in this window but again it was a long time ago. Plenty of (far, far nicer) cars have to do new cable regulators (or even motors - mine are original) far, far more often, so I really don't feel bad. The rollers are only a couple bucks each. Just need to order some. I may have some but I'll never find them. I'll do that at some point...or maybe not until spring. We'll see. I will try to post it when I do.
Adam

Re: Caprice window rollers

Post by Adam »

You can try adding some silicone spray to the window channel help the windows glass move easier.