GM cars to potentially be axed

Car/truck/automotive news and discussion
kevm14

Re: GM cars to potentially be axed

Post by kevm14 »

kevm14 wrote:The CT6 is a start and being between a 5 and 7 in size should have no expectation to be a Maybach competitor. But they are working their way up to it.
Saw a CT6 on the Newport Bridge yesterday. I came up on it from behind and it looked pretty stately. When I passed it, it looked pretty substantial from the front. Overall I rate it as a totally legit 5-series competitor, or maybe something between the 5 and 7. It looks like a Cadillac. I think it is legit.
In terms of badge snobbery, it's like with Ricky at work. I tried to get him to at least drive an ATS because I am pretty sure he would have done better for the money than the 320i he ended up with. He just needed that badge and he admitted it. There's a lot of buyers just like him out there.
I overheard a discussion last week. Ricky was bragging how fast his BMW is and I stood up and was like "don't you have a 320i?" The person he was arguing with was like "how much horsepower does that have?" I stood up again and was like "isn't it like 180?" He was like "it doesn't matter - I have twin turbos and when they kick in, it's just gone." I decided: the ATS was too good for him.
bill25

Re: GM cars to potentially be axed

Post by bill25 »

The conversation above may be the funniest thing ever.