Dax Shepard is a car guy

Non-repair car talk
kevm14

Dax Shepard is a car guy

Post by kevm14 »

https://www.motortrend.com/news/top-gea ... E99C6CA988

Even more impressive, he likes B-bodies and wagons! He was exposed to plenty of muscle but even when you have bucks as he does, he still likes a lot of the same stuff I do:
Oh yes, Shepard also loves wagons. His Mercedes-AMG E 63 shares space with the '94 Roadmaster, although the Buick makes more power from its supercharged Chevy LSA V-8 crate motor.

"I love wagons so much," he said. "In fact, I think I could see myself getting two or three more wagons over the years. There's so many good ones. Even within the supercar world, I like the shooting brakes. I'm deeply interested in that Ferrari FF ,and I'm delighted that the resale value is less than great because it makes me think it's in the realm of possibility at some point. I guess I mostly like awkward, weird stuff that's fast. And I love sedans that are fast. There's something about fast sedans."
"I'm thinking more and more about building a B-body '94 Fleetwood, but three pedal, yeah. Those are the two that I'm closest to endeavoring on, but the whole issue I have currently is I don't have room for all this stuff. We've been building a new house, and I'm building a barn there. So that should open up the floodgates to maybe one or two more builds.
Yep. Maybe we're BOTH weird, but I feel comfortable with Dax Shepard's brand of weird if that's really the case. No shame here. I guess the difference is, he grew up in Michigan. I guess I'm a bit of an outlier having grown up in southern new england and having the preferences I do. But so what?

But he has a wider range of preferences than I do. Like motorcycles. Still, I appreciate his point:
He's also gone down on a motorcycle, which ended in a shoulder surgery, but that hasn't kept him off bikes.

"One of the first questions Jethro asked me when I met him was, 'Why do you ride bikes?'" he said. "And I'm like, 'Very simple: sub-400 pounds and 200 hp. Where are you going to find that power-to-weight ratio?'

"Also, what I love about bikes is, similar to off-road, you can't destroy one. I've had a (Suzuki) GSX-R drag track bike for 10 years. Now I have a (Yamaha) R1 track bike. Never have replaced the pads. I do an oil change every 3,000 miles. You can just fu--king drive them and ride them at 13,000 rpm indefinitely and they're fine. Like a track car, you're constantly putting shit on. Tires, brakes, all this stuff, but a motorcycle, man, there's not a better bang for the buck. Also, you can't spend 25 grand on a motorcycle, you know? I'm super into Ducatis. It's like a Ferrari for 20 grand. It's crazy."