C&D: Silverado + Sierra = 1.5 million miles

Non-repair car talk
kevm14

C&D: Silverado + Sierra = 1.5 million miles

Post by kevm14 »

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3046 ... nl19121350

Haven't watched the videos yet. Be curious to know more about maintenance and repairs.
kevm14

Re: C&D: Silverado + Sierra = 1.5 million miles

Post by kevm14 »

I watched both. You're talking like an hour or more of videos but it is really worth the watch. I can detail a lot of interesting stuff but I'll lead with the fact that this guy is a mechanical engineer who wanted to come out from behind the desk and do something he loved, which apparently is drive. So he delivers RV trailers like...all over the US and Canada. He's driven in some unbelievable conditions and if I remember correctly, said his red truck has been to Alaska as well as the arctic circle.

He also taught at a performance driving school previously, so he has an interesting take on stuff. I'll tease with this: the engine and trans are original in the red 2007 aside from an aftermarket torque converter that he installed as an upgrade not because of a failure. He also replaced a set of injectors preventatively; they didn't fail. His replacement 2015 GMC already has over 500k. 1 million miles on the Allison transmission is unbelievable to me. And like half of that is towing some loads.

Oh, he also drives very defensively and conservatively because being hard on the truck is both unsafe and not good for longevity. He talks about all of this. Anyway, he managed to milk 192,000 miles from one set of Michelin truck tires on his 2007. 192k.

Look how nice the interior is. We can talk about GM interiors but it turns out they don't always just fall apart on their own. It takes abuse. His driver's seat isn't even torn. People are animals.
kevm14

Re: C&D: Silverado + Sierra = 1.5 million miles

Post by kevm14 »

Comments aren't that interesting, yet.

https://backfires.caranddriver.com/foru ... 7-30468852