Mitsubishi Mirage

Non-repair car talk
kevm14

Re: Mitsubishi Mirage

Post by kevm14 »

Why would the daughter of an engineer buy a bottom of the barrel new car? I guess because if you want something tiny, maybe you're best off in a brand new car (due to safety and convenience features?).
Fast_Ed

Post by Fast_Ed »

You're right! He should buy her a brand new 328ix.

(Do they still make that? I cant muster up enough enthusiasm to check.)
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

I meant as opposed to something used.
Bob

Post by Bob »

kevm14 wrote:Why would the daughter of an engineer buy a bottom of the barrel new car? I guess because if you want something tiny, maybe you're best off in a brand new car (due to safety and convenience features?).
Still, a decent used Honda Fit would be about the same and it's a much better car in that segment.
Fast_Ed

Post by Fast_Ed »

I wonder what these will be worth used.

Though I'm sure the Fit is much nicer..
Adam

Post by Adam »

Although it has only three cylinders producing a not-very-whopping 74 horsepower, the engine has just 1,973 pounds to move around--meaning that acceleration onto the highway was more than adequate.
That has less horsepower and more weight than my Tercel(s) did. Highway acceleration was never adequate in that car.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Adam wrote:
Although it has only three cylinders producing a not-very-whopping 74 horsepower, the engine has just 1,973 pounds to move around--meaning that acceleration onto the highway was more than adequate.
That has less horsepower and more weight than my Tercel(s) did. Highway acceleration was never adequate in that car.
I thought my Tercel had pretty good highway roll on acceleration with the 4-speed manual :) Low speed acceleration was comparatively better though because of power/weight.