N150149

NHTSA Recall #:
15V225

Date Issued:
Apr 15, 2015

Recall Title:

Front Brake Hose

Recall Description:

General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2004-2007 model year Cadillac CTS-V vehicles originally sold or currently registered in Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, D.C., West Virginia, Wisconsin; New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec; and originally sold in the Netherlands. Some of these vehicles have a condition in which the front brake hose fitting at the caliper may corrode due to snow or water, containing road salt or other contaminants, entering and being retained in the hose sleeve. If the fitting corrodes significantly, the brake hose may develop a leak. A sign of a brake hose leak would be fluid spotting on the ground.

Safety Risk Description:

If enough fluid were lost, the brake system warning light and a

Repair Description:

Dealers are to replace both front brake hose assemblies free of charge.

Recall Status: INCOMPLETE. REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLE
I already knew about this years ago (much like the fuel pump issue for which there is now a recall). I wisely ponied up for a stainless kit and the brake feel has been great ever since.

Are they required to perform this recall on my vehicle if I have an aftermarket part in the place of the original, inferior OEM design? They better not be...

Also, this seems over the top (I don't consider brake hoses to be life-of-car but who knows) - BUT, the base CTS had a recall for the exact same thing and everyone was like...uhhh, the CTS-V hoses are the same design and folks have suffered failures (and most folks to drive in any kind of performance-oriented way have long replaced with stainless braided, like myself). So they are rightly extending to the CTS-V.