Scion is dead

Car/truck/automotive news and discussion
Adam

Re: Scion is dead

Post by Adam »

kevm14 wrote:I meant a realistic engine that they'd actually ship the car with.
There have been rumors for a while of a factory turbo version of the 2L flat four.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Yup. Still no sign of it (aka it's not interesting yet) and half of the models on that platform are now gone.
bill25

Post by bill25 »

When is this car going to become interesting?
I am sure this car would be a lot of fun to drive if you could get it for 3K. There are rumors of an STI version as I think was said above. A turbo 4 would be interesting considering Ford is making 350 HP out of theirs. That would be awesome in this car, and is a realistic possibility. What is stopping anything exciting is poor sales of the current model. When I was buying the RAV the guy at the dealer considered these a joke because they don't sell any.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

For $3k, sure.

And I still have a view that $15k on a car (any car, new or used) is a lot of money, and have never spent more than that on a car. To be honest, I think it would be a good 10 years before I even entertain the thought of spending more than that. Even then, probably not. So I expect to be able to buy some used car for $15k or less that satisfies all of my desires. Which is totally possible, because none of my desires are to have a brand new car with 0 miles.
bill25

Post by bill25 »

These being "underpowered" could be a blessing in disguise for future resale values. The 2 seat thing almost guarantees this to be more of a toy than an primary vehicle though, which is hurting new sales, and creating the low volume of future used prospects.