Craigslist Circus

Non-repair car talk
kevm14

Re: Craigslist Circus

Post by kevm14 »

And if one 80s XJ8 with an LT1 swap is too pricey, I offer this: https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/d ... 44704.html

Two NEWER Jags for only $1700. Or as it says in the ad, "one money."
2000 Jaguar XJR + 1999 Jaguar XJR....2 cars - $1700

2000 Jaguar XJR
condition: fair
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 172000
paint color: silver
size: mid-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: sedan
more ads by this user
As titled...

2 cars, one money. 2000 Jaguar XJR and a 1999 Jaguar XJR.

2000 was my daily driver for the past 4 years. I bought it from Exeter Jaguar and it was a one female owner trade from Rye NH. I am the second owner. You can have Exeter Jaguar run the VIN and there are PAGES of records. One squeak or tick and it was brought in. I bought the car and drove it right up until February of this year. Went in for an inspection and was notified it would not pass due to rust. Car needs rust repair..to the floors, drivers fender, rear corners and strut towers. After sitting for 4 months I think one of the brake calipers is on its way out as things dont feel right. Car has 172k miles on it and its time for a little love.

I have in the past replaced the pads and rotors with cross drilled ones, recently installed a new alternator, have performed regular oil changes, replaced plugs and wires, and filters. I am including new Jaguar end links and sway bar bushings.
This car runs out strong and shifts beautifully. Sadly it is in need of some major rust repair. I'd probably do some front end works as well.

In comes the second...

1999 is a 87k mile car I bought with the intention of repairing. This car has a Fabulous interior, and is rust free with the exception of the drivers fender. The bad...needs fuel pumps and a head gasket job. I backed into it with my van...total dumbass move. Needs headlight setup, drivers fender...rusted anyway and some work on the hood. I replaced several relays, ground strap and starter. I thought at one point Id do an engine swap but I bought a 2005 XJR so thats off the table for me.

I have clean titles for both in my name. The 2000 is still registered and insured. It can be driven for short distances I would assume before front caliper starts to act up. With both cars for sale as a package there are options. Motor swap into the 99 with a little body work repair OR part out the 99 to subsidize the repairs of the 2000. Either way I want off both cars and am Not looking to separate them. Price is fair considering what you are getting.

Dont waste your time with ridiculous offers. Dont waste your time texting or emailing. I will NOT answer them. No, you cant perform the work in my yard...yes Ive been asked. No I will not take any trades. Cash Only. No I do not need help selling my cars. No there is nothing else for sale even if you think you see something else in the pics you like. No I will not accept deposits and hold the car for you. No I will not hold the car while you wait for your next paycheck. No I do not deliver. No you cant drive them home...well maybe the 2000 but I wouldn't recommend it and definitely not the 1999 as it does not run.

Phone calls...nine 78 four 17 nine 466

Im happy to discuss the cars.

$2000 for the pair.
This is also circus fodder. Because just LOOK at that story! Also "don't waste my time" is essentially in here.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Dont waste your time
is in there, so close enough.
Bob

Post by Bob »

bill25

Post by bill25 »

It would be even funnier if it came with the ramps he has to put it in the bed of his Silverado...
bill25

Post by bill25 »

Here we go...

87 Camaro Iroc-Z 5.7 (parts or restoration) - $1000 (Nashua,NH)
https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/87-cama ... 78429.html
First year of the 350ci ( also has the corvette suspension package )
Has no options and came that way ( Rare )
For restoration or parts.
Body is solid
Interior good shape
Motor and Tran OK but dont run

I was going to restore it but I,m losing my storage
Has 99k on the odometer.
Been sitting inside for 15 years ( Just sitting outside since This July )

$1000.00
Where do we start???

Motor and Tran OK but dont run - What does that mean?
Body is solid, Interior good shape - not likely. Actually there are pics of both. All have rust. Even the steering wheel??? LOL.
Been sitting inside for 15 years - Been sitting inside what? a sauna? a saltwater swimming pool?

Good thing the window says ASIS on the whole windshield, someone might have thought it came with a warranty, or that they could take it for a test drive.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I would love to know the story here: https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/ ... 01633.html
Bob

Post by Bob »

Bob

Post by Bob »

This thread might die soon because craigslist will start charging $5 per listing for car ads next week.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Wow, didn't hear about that. $5 is a modest price of entry for cars and if it filters out some crap, that's not a bad thing (except for this thread).
Bob

Post by Bob »

Facebook marketplace will be the new Craigslist. I actually prefer it in some ways because of the algorithms that find cars of interest to you based on past views. My feed is basically all 90s Japanese sports cars and anything American and RWD with a lot of power.