Microsoft Invoke (Harmon/Kardon)

Non-car discussion, now for everyone
kevm14

Microsoft Invoke (Harmon/Kardon)

Post by kevm14 »

I bought one of these a month ago when the price dropped to $100. It is a Cortana device. It distinguishes itself from other voice assistant devices by its surprisingly powerful amp (total input power ~40W) and sound quality. Based on some quick demos so far, I'd say it sounds akin to a Bose Wave Radio, which produces pretty strong sound from a small package.

Anyway, pretty cool so far. Another perk of this device is you can sign up for free Skype to Skype, Skype to mobile and Skype to landline calling from this device. Caller ID shows up as "Unknown" in one test I did so I guess good luck getting folks with caller ID to answer...but it does work. EDIT: you can setup a caller ID number. I will test this. EDIT 2: It works! That's better.

The rest of it is basically Cortana stuff, which is to say it has "Skills" and can do things which are well documented elsewhere. But as far as the hardware, I give it two thumbs up.
kevm14

Re: Microsoft Invoke (Harmon/Kardon)

Post by kevm14 »

So 3-1/2 days in here.

It's actually been kind of a hit with the family. Ian likes to talk to Cortana and Jamie even started using it a little bit. I've already used it to set some timers hands free which is great. The kitchen seems like a logical place for it. I'm pretty happy with it so far.