Millennials in the workplace

Non-car discussion, now for everyone
kevm14

Millennials in the workplace

Post by kevm14 »

https://youtu.be/QXWNChoIluo

This was pretty good. I liked the dry erase art.
bill25

Re: Millennials in the workplace

Post by bill25 »

That was... depressing...
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Apparently that was a pretty famous interview and the channel I linked to does dry erase art/drawings so they took that interview and did their own art which I thought was pretty good.

But yeah. The good news is, he said Millennials were born in 1984 and later...
dochielomn

Post by dochielomn »

That was definitely interesting. Especially when he's comparing alcoholics to kids being on their phone/social media all the time. However, I slightly disagree with the person about it not being the kid's fault and how it's corporations and how they've been dealt a bad hand. It seems like a contradiction to me. He spends part of the video saying how kids are on their phones too much and how everything is instant gratification and such. But to me, while you can place the blame on the parents that "didn't do a good job raising their kids" or society, I'd still at some point have to say that people need to take responsibility for their own actions and choices. And part of growing up is to mature and learn things for yourself (without requiring parental or societal teachings) such as patience and work ethic (meaning that sometimes, if not all the time, if you really want something you actually have to work hard for it).

But overall, interesting video.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

dochielomn wrote:However, I slightly disagree with the person about it not being the kid's fault and how it's corporations and how they've been dealt a bad hand. It seems like a contradiction to me. He spends part of the video saying how kids are on their phones too much and how everything is instant gratification and such. But to me, while you can place the blame on the parents that "didn't do a good job raising their kids" or society, I'd still at some point have to say that people need to take responsibility for their own actions and choices. And part of growing up is to mature and learn things for yourself (without requiring parental or societal teachings) such as patience and work ethic (meaning that sometimes, if not all the time, if you really want something you actually have to work hard for it).
YES! I had the exact same thoughts on that. It is popular (and his views will be better received) the way he pitched them. Which is ironic and he should know: blame a Millennial for something and they'll just shut right down and tune you out forever. A little dramatic...but not totally made up, either. It's also important to not get too excited about this label (i.e. they all do this, or they all don't do this). I am sure some are becoming quite well adapted to their adulthood and career. I guess the question is, are those people in the minority?