Post by kevm14 »

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/ ... p?t=255408

Teasers:
300k ss.jpg
300k ss front.jpg
On the transmission:
The original flopped at 100K. Been on the same T-56 ever since
On the engine:
Used Mobil One forever and just regular oil changes and flushes. Several bolt-ons, two paint jobs, two a/c compressors, alternator, two opti's, three batteries, and a bunch of tires, but never even seen the underside of the valve covers. Couple of oil drips now and then, but otherwise dry as a bone.
Plenty of other interesting anecdotes from other folks with miles. Like this one:
My 94 RMS made it to 267K until I killed it one night doing a smoky burnout in front of my buddie's house. Started knocking on the way home...Probably would've made it past 300K if I didn't beat the hell out of it on a daily basis. Original trans lasted until 248K, I don't think the fluid had ever been changed, it looked like black paint when I drained it.
Fast_Ed

Re: 300k club

Post by Fast_Ed »

Seems like that you caprice should be going on this list in the near future. Unless it doesn't get driven... Maybe it can be your summer car?
kevm14

Re: 300k club

Post by kevm14 »

Yeah maybe. I mean I've made a conscious effort to drive the Maxima because I spent time and money on it, so I wanted to make sure I got some use out of it. And I have, so that's good.