Regular Car Reviews: Europeans love our big-ass land yachts

Non-repair car talk
kevm14

Regular Car Reviews: Europeans love our big-ass land yachts

Post by kevm14 »

Yup. http://jalopnik.com/the-lincoln-town-ca ... 1639311000

Make sure you watch the video also. Regular Car Reviews sounds like the best thing ever.

Choice comment:
I used to shuttle cars for Budget and chauffeur around Boston in the late 80s. The TC was always a get. The Law of driving in Boston was "always yield to superior mass", and the TC had that in spades. Always a great highway cruiser for the long trips up to Bangor, the furthest we would go. And hooning them was a hoot, heeled over onto their door handles when taking any turn at significant speed. My faves are the square rigged ones, before they started to get jellybeanie.
kevm14

Re: Europeans love our big-ass land yachts

Post by kevm14 »

Choice comment #2:
I met a Kuwaiti dude who was driving a Ferrari 308 in post-Desert Storm 1990's Kuwait. I complemented his car and he shrugs and says, "It's ok. I want American car." Really? Like a Stang or a Camaro or... "I want C a p r i c e C l a s s i c." He said Caprice Classic as reverently as one would say "Pininfarina." And then I looked around, and the Caprice was THE status symbol.
Adam

Re: Regular Car Reviews: Europeans love our big-ass land yac

Post by Adam »

That video was amazing. Except for the part where he said it was a 4.7L. It isn't. It's a 4.6L. The 2UZ-FE in the Lexus GX470 (and others) is a 4.7L.

Choice comment:
No pushrods
kevm14

Re: Regular Car Reviews: Europeans love our big-ass land yac

Post by kevm14 »

They have an entire series on Youtube. I have been watching many of them.