RCR: 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT

Non-repair car talk
bill25

Re: RCR: 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT

Post by bill25 »

This is why I was complaining about GM. They have a severe lack of variety in my opinion.

Chevrolet:
Spark, Sonic, Cruze, Malibu, Impala - Not looking for FWD. Spark and Sonic are not even on the radar, Cruze would be great with more power and RWD or at least AWD. I would love to pick this over a AWD MazdaSpeed6. I am not a fan of the Malibu styling or drivetrain, and the Impala looks great but FWD only.
Volt is cool for what it is, but honestly, this doesn't fit the muscle, tossable, or AWD/RWD fun commuter categories I am looking for.

So, for me, GM has the Camaro, and I feel I have to look elsewhere for the light tossable racer, and the capable fast daily AWD. Seems like GM's loss kind of, because I am a person that would pick their offering over a competitor out of brand loyalty. I would say they don't have a lot of 30ish people saying that overall either.

I forgot to mention that the BRZ STI would also fit in the quick small car category. GM has nothing at all to answer to these. There was talk of a mini Camaro type car. Make it already!

The SS is a great car, but if I am going to have 3 "nice cars" 45K is out of the ballpark for me, and I really don't need something that big for a commuter.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

Nothing wrong with liking multiple things, and even though I recognize a 3500 lb + car will never feel like a much lighter car, don't be too quick to judge what GM's modern muscle is capable of. It's not just burnouts and engine noises. If you just want burnouts and engine noises, I recommend something from Chrysler. Ford has a single car in this category, the Mustang. GM definitely leads here, by a lot. And not just among the big three, which is kind of cool. That's why a lot of traditionally non-American car buyers have been praising what GM has been doing, because it's not just torque and noise. The cars are worth driving for enjoyment even if you were never into muscle stuff. So I hope they continue to offer vehicles like this, so that the used market becomes full of them.

I still claim topic relevance here, even though it seems like a stretch.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

I guess you're right. Good thing for me, I'm not interested in a vehicle like that. I seem to be content with a daily driver/commuter that gets 20mpg, or even less.