Ezra Dyer had an IROC!

Non-repair car talk
bill25

Ezra Dyer had an IROC!

Post by bill25 »

I have more respect for him now. Does that make sense to anybody else?

http://blog.caranddriver.com/i-rocked-a ... maro-past/

Very interesting. I said this about my 85 Monte Carlo SS, the part about the hard transmission shift:
This was as nice an ’85 as you could find, babied by a hard-core Camaro nut, but the first time I pulled into traffic, the transmission shifted so hard that it chirped the tires on the 1-2 upshift. Mine used to do that, too—to the extent that I needed transmission mounts about as regularly as oil changes. I always figured there was something wrong with mine. It turns out they all did that.

In the article, he states that it is the 4 speed auto, with the 305. Same setup in my Monte Carlo.
kevm14

Re: Ezra Dyer had an IROC!

Post by kevm14 »

I wonder if that 200-4R was just tuned that way. I've heard of some 9C1-spec 700R4s doing that but I have not experienced this. 3.73 gearing and a light car will do that.
bill25

Post by bill25 »

I enjoyed it. It gave it character and made it seem faster than it was. It was like: "wow, I just chirped going into second! I must be going fast!".
Adam

Post by Adam »

Those 80's cars were pretty light in the rear (good for brake stands). The F-Body cars had 700R4s while the G-Bodies had the 200-4R. We used to put shift kits in our cars then tune them to shift so hard they would chirp second at part throttle. We were so awesome.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Another cool fact about Ezra Dyer is that he's a Colby College grad. This is proof that you can do something useful/interesting with a liberal arts education :)