M4 ruining Cars & Coffee for folks in Irvine, CA

Non-repair car talk
kevm14

M4 ruining Cars & Coffee for folks in Irvine, CA

Post by kevm14 »

http://jalopnik.com/this-asshat-bmw-m4- ... socialflow

Then the comments say:
The only asshat here is Raphael and his poorly researched post. But coming from the guy that would do anything for hits (the classless S-Class BJ poses will not be forgotten) Im not surprised. If anyone wants to read what happened, the guy owned it and put out a great explanation on bimmerpost. It will help me be a better driver, and I suggest some of the children on this website take a look as well.
So I looked at the thread.
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showth ... 458&page=3

The conclusion is, driving is hard, and apparently most folks suck too much at it to even drive with the electronic nannies turned off. That makes me sad. It also makes me nervous that these folks are driving around in a vehicle they can't otherwise handle, except for electronic aids.
Bob

Re: M4 ruining Cars & Coffee for folks in Irvine, CA

Post by Bob »

The driver is full of excuses and is really grasping. I do give him credit for showing his face online after such an embarrassing act, but this theory is really full of it.
I mentioned earlier that I had incorrect PSI - let me explain. My PSI was low, so I inflated it a bit with a pump with an analog tire guage which of course is very imprecise compared to a digital gauge. I noticed that my right tire pressure was 1.5psi off of my left when viewing the PSI from the BMW onboard digital gauge (you can only do this while driving). However, as my car had been pulling to the right from day 1 of delivery (there's a big thread of many complaining about that on these forums). Miraculously, the car drifted to the right to a lesser extent with the right tire PSI being slightly higher than the left and so I was playing around with the idea of keeping it that way for a short time- however I knew that I needed to put the PSI equally across both tires but I just failed to do that before going to the meet. I have no idea if unequal PSI left to right contributed to the right rear spinning so differently than the left.
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

It does look like the car vectored pretty quickly but still. These folks are acting like an M4 is soooo fast that you can't possibly control it with DSC turned off.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Yet another data point supporting that there's no worse group of car enthusiasts than late model BMW owners :)
kevm14

Post by kevm14 »

I hate the way they want to brand everything. Even the way he talks about the TPMS system. He says "BMW onboard digital gauge." You know, not just some gauge, the BMW gauge. Because German. I think for some of these folks, these are aspirational buys/leases and they want to maximize the bragging to get the most bang for the buck.